I had my first scary Atlanta experience tonight, and surprisingly it had absolutely nothing to do with crime or Atlanta. I went for a quick run around the neighborhood when I got home this afternoon and the scary-looking big dog on the corner acted like he/she was going to eat me up from the front porch both times I went by. Well, I was walking up the street cooling down, and I see aforementioned dog sprinting up the hill towards me barking



. Three and a half years of veterinary school and all I could think of was what we're told to teach kids, "Stand like a tree, lie like a log....stand like a tree, lie like a log." Easier said than done- so I stood there like a very unstable tree with my hand on the trigger of my mace yelling down the street, "Does he bite!? Does he bite!?" as the owner came running after the dog. He assured me that "Vivian" didn't bite, and he was right...this time, but I don't know if want to have to take his word for that again!
No comments:
Post a Comment