Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another day

Today was the last day of our official orientation, although I feel like I only know a fraction of what the CDC does! Monday through today, we've spent the mornings touring different labs in our "division," and it is amazing the brilliance that this place has...and even more amazing to think I've only seen part of one floor in one building!

Not too much else to report....unlike Athens, I've been a bit slow to start exploring my surroundings besides going for runs in the neighborhood, but I'm trying to take a little bit different route every time I'm out so I can see a bit more everyday.

The weather turned very chilly yesterday, and the wind gusts last night were so strong that they actually woke me up! I heard on the local news this morning that at least one tree was blocking a 4-lane road, and it was 16 degrees when I left for work, which didn't help!

Jezebel the pup doesn't go too far from my site when Anna isn't home...right now she's curled up in one of the chairs in my room! Tallulah is just as cute, but they certainly have very different personalities. It has been fun to have dogs around so far!

I've attached a few pictures...
Tallulah waiting for a pat.
Jezebel curled up on my hoodie.

No comments: