Today, I slept in and awoke to a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning, and Tallulah watched me have my coffee and oatmeal on the back steps.
I ventured out for a bit of exploring this afternoon to find the Dekalb Farmer's Market. I think the term "farmer's market" is a bit of a misnomer...I'd say it is a mix of Whole Foods grocery store and Sam's Club, and it was AMAZING! It is a huge warehouse-sized building with loads and loads of food from all over the world! There are fruits and vegetables that I've never heard of, and I'd have no idea how to use half of them. They also have tanks of live fish swimming around...talk about fresh!
So, I spent a good hour (or more) browsing around this store- I even stopped at their "Fruit and Pastry Shop" for a cup of coffee and a homemade fig bar for later. I will definatly return to the Dekalb Farmer's Market, though it will likely be during the week since it was packed this Saturday afternoon.
After I unloaded my few groceries, I went for a run around Grant Park...the park is larger that I realized, and it was full of people and dogs today in the beautiful weather. Tonight has been pretty low-key, and I'm planning to head to a different church in the morning that is a little closer than the one I visited last week.
Make sure you check out the website for Dekalb Farmer's Market: http://www.dekalbfarmersmarket.com/
Internet is running a bit slow tonight, so I'll have a couple of pictures to post tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment