I feel as though we're in Colorado Springs for the long haul now, as we don't have any trips home planned any time soon. Joel and I had the pleasure of attending Chuck and Emily's wedding festivities in Memphis over the weekend of the 4th- a good time was certainly had by all! After that, Joel flew back here for work and I went home for a few days!
Now Joel is back to working in full swing and I'm back to the job search.
Even though Joel had to work this weekend (which only means spending less than 3 hours each morning blowing off tennis courts and being home by breakfast), we had a nice relaxing Colorado weekend! Friday morning, we went to America's Family Yard Sale at Focus on the Family. We took this time to take our unofficial tour of their facilities, and we bought a great radiator heater for $3! Here I am at Focus taking my first step through the wardrobe into Narnia:
Aslan on the other side:
We spent the rest of the morning browsing REI, and then took a nap and headed to Bear Creek Regional Park for some hiking:
Unfortunately, the afternoon thunderstorms have returned, so our trip was cut very short, but we planned to make another go of it on Sunday.
Sunday, Joel got through with his work in time for us to attend church and Sunday school. We're really enjoying the new Sunday School class that we've been visiting, and can't wait to get to know the couples better!
Sunday afternoon, we had another big storm, but it cleared up by around 4 p.m. and we decided to make another attempt at hiking. We'd read about St. Mary's Falls, so we thought that would be a nice rewarding hike. Both the hike and the falls were beautiful! With the views along the trail, I really kept thinking we'd see a bear or other large mammal, but we only saw a bunch of chipmunks.
Some John Denver for your listening pleasure...
1 comment:
I like the John Denver at the end there. Very appropriate.
Post a Comment