I mean...why couldn't I have been downtown at that particular moment!? And too bad Joel wasn't the landscape worker mentioned- he could have been famous! Read on:
Bear prowling downtown nailed on parking violation
Comments 12 | Recommend 1A black bear that ventured into downtown Colorado Springs this afternoon was captured when it tried to hide in a city-owned parking garage.
State wildlife officers tracked the animal down with the help of Colorado Springs police. The bear was tranquilized in the municipal parking garage at Nevada and Colorado avenues about 1:50 p.m.
The state Division of Wildlife could not immediately be reached for information on where the bear would be relocated.
Witnesses called police after the black bear interrupted the course of business on a busy stretch of East Pikes Peak Avenue, a few blocks from the central business district.
About 1:15 p.m., the bear was spotted crossing Pikes Peak to the south. It darted around a building that formerly housed Sportique Scooters and then crossed a parking lot where landscape worker Doug Marker was on the ground laying wire.
He said he heard someone yell "Bear!"
“I almost fell over him,” Marker said. “I got up and he was about two feet from me.”
The bear bolted south across Colorado Avenue. About a half-dozen people were on cell phones alerting authorities to what they'd seen.
I mean...why couldn't I have been downtown at that particular moment!? And too bad Joel wasn't the landscape worker mentioned- he could have been famous
No comments:
Post a Comment