Last night, we FINALLY made it to the "Gettin' Down Downtown" concert in America the Beautiful Park. This concert series is held on Wednesday evenings during the summer, but we have either been out of town or had something each week. When we showed up last night, we were really surprised to see how packed it was. Joel and I keep saying we've somehow missed the Colorado Springs 101 class, as it always seems as though everyone else in this city knows where to hike/eat/play, etc and we've neglected to receive the memo. Last night was another example of that because it seemed like every Colorado Springsian (?) was there!

The centerpiece of America the Beautiful Park. A large rotating circle thing that sprays water.

Kids playing in the pool at the base of the large rotating circle sculpture/fountain.
It was a lot of fun, but once again, the rain came....thankfully we got to see most of the concert before we had to bail out.

Joel sitting under his chair because of the rain. I, on the other hand, brought my rain jacket...so I was sitting IN my chair.

Joel was wearing an M-State shirt last night, and some guy came up to us asking if we went to State. It turns out that he's from TX, but his brother went to State and married Davis Wade (of Davis Wade Stadium)'s granddaughter. Boy, do I love being from the South...you can always find some sort of connection!
Well, its about t minus 4.5 hours until our first out of state visitor arrives. JP is touching down at the Colorado Springs airport this afternoon. We look forward to a fun-filled weekend of dangerous car racing (Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on Sunday) and visits to tourist attractions.
2 comments:
love those pics and updates. keep em coming.
It's easy to make connections if you're from the south b/c everyone leaves the south for places like southern California, or Colorado. I don't think I've met anyone living in Mississippi from California or Colorado.
Post a Comment