I really feel like a local! A man with his high school-aged daughter asked me for directions for today when I was walking around campus during lunch! Don't worry, I did tell them that I'm not from around here, but I was able to point them towards downtown. I was pretty proud of that!
Not much has gone on so far this week. The family left yesterday morning when I left for work/school, and they probably had a more exciting Monday than I did, especially considering ValleyCrest called Joel on the way home and they're flying him out next week for another interview in Raleigh!
I did learn how to "cut-in" tissues yesterday afternoon...I'll save the gory details, but you're basically taking organs you get during the necropsy and cutting them into pieces so that the histology lab can make them into microscope slides. Wikipedia has more details if you'd like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histology
So...I learned that yesterday afternoon, and then "cut-in" tissues for 3 parrots, a bobcat, and a gray fox today. We were supposed to have a Key Deer come in for a necropsy, but I guess it got held up between Florida and Georgia...maybe tomorrow!
Other than that, I've been researching vaccine regulations and studying for boards!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment