Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pull out your favorite holiday movies...

because it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in Colorado Springs!

After a 70 degree day yesterday, we've been watching snow fall tonight, and we're anticipating highs of 50s tomorrow before the big chill of Saturday...a high of 31 is predicted- what a wierd place!

Sorry for the lack of updates...but is is all for good reasons! I've been working more than expected in Falcon, as one of the other vets was out with the flu last week, and as of a week from next Monday, I'll be working in Monument as well!!! I'll be there Mondays and Tuesdays, giving me a pretty full week with my Wednesdays and Thursdays (half days) and Fridays at my first job- God has been good and certainly taught me patience over this summer!

Speaking of summer, I feel like we never quite had one, and now I'm pretty sure we skipped fall and sped right into winter. However, we did get to enjoy some more fall foliage Sunday afternoon! We headed up to a trail we'd heard about near Cripple Creek and hiked around a bit. There was already snow in places in this area, and we found out very quickly that Hurley LOVES the snow!


This is Hurley tonight in our backyard with the snow...

Not a part-albino Rudolph.

Our yard and Joel's snow vehicle:


Pike's Peak from our neighborhood earlier in the week...I can't wait to see it tomorrow!


Back to our hike this weekend...we were blessed with some beautiful views of the last of the fall color before the remainder of the aspen leaves are blown away:


No comments: