Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ice and sleep

Well, we're finally recovering from an icy weekend! I don't even want to try to add up the small number of hours of sleep Joel got From Thursday night through Monday. Each night, he had to go out for "ice checks" around 2 a.m. and usually didn't come back home for hours. If he was at home, he was sleeping, so Hurley and I made the best of our snow days and went down to the park around the corner and played in the ice. She absolutely loves it! I don't know if ice smells different, or holds odors, but she barely took her nose off the ground while we were down there:


I can't wait to see what she does with a real snow. This weekend's weather was more of an ice storm, which is abnormal for Colorado Springs. Black ice was all over the city on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning, complete with a 60 car pile-up on the interstate that Joel's boss barely missed (thankfully, no one was seriously injured).

The worst part about all of this...it is only October! I have no idea how I'm going to make it when winter really hits.




The sun setting over Pike's Peak last week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is that why Joel won't call me back, because all he is doing is sleeping. Hope he doesn't have to do that too often.