Monday, September 14, 2009

Long overdue for an update!

For once, a lack of update means busyness as opposed to a ho-hum sort of week. Let's see...I'll try to start in chronological order.

I realize posts aren't really interesting without pictures, so pictures will be coming soon for this one when I get them off of my camera- sorry!

The balloon glow was a blast! Aunt Bev met us at our house and we packed up our picnic spread and headed to Memorial Park where we met two couples from church. We ended up helping a pilot that my dad knows, so everyone got roped into a little more than they bargained for! But we had a great night and it was a beautiful glow with lots of people out to watch.

On Sunday after church, we met up with some friends and headed to the mountains for a night of camping. They have a dog a little older than Hurley, so the two of them had a blast playing, and we all had a great time camping and then hiking the next day (Labor Day).

The next day, I finally started work! Can you believe it!? I worked partial days Tues-Thurs last week, and all day Friday before we went to see Jerry Seinfeld at the Pikes Peak Center. I found out about this show earlier in the summer before Joel saw anything about it and surprised him with tickets (with the disclaimer that it was his b'day and Christmas present). I was a little nervous about the event, hoping that his new material wouldn't be a letdown, but it was great! We ended the downtown evening with a late supper at an Irish Pub.

Work has been going well. I'll generally be working Wed morning, Thurs morning, and all day Fridays, but they called me yesterday and I ended up working all day because one of the doctors was out sick! Not much else to report here...Joel's parents are headed out here on Thursday, so we're eagerly anticipating our next guests! It should be a great weekend, and the weather looks sunny (in contrast to this past weekend which was soggy and cold). Speaking of guests, the honorable John Payne will be gracing us with his presence once again (in October).

Hurley has been doing well- she still doesn't like to be left alone, and she barked alll day when I took her to work with me Friday, but she loved playing with the other dogs in the clinic, and she is getting much better on some of her manners at the house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoohooo. I hope to see a bit of snow while I am there.