Saturday, September 5, 2009

And it is now officially...

Football Season!

Joel and Hurley are currently curled up in our downstairs basement which has been transformed into the "man cave" for the start of college football.

Inventory of the photo from the left: TV with rabbit ears and local channel showing US Open (hopefully this will turn to football later in the day), laptop screen showing 2 different games plus the webcam at the Junction, TV screen showing ESPN 360 games...Joel and Hurley under their respective blankets. Not a bad setup!

Later this afternoon, my aunt is coming down from Lone Tree and we're headed to the Colorado Balloon Classic balloon glow in Memorial Park. We'll be meeting 2 couples from church there for a picnic and a hopefully enjoyable evening introducing them to ballooning. Joel and I had planned to sign up to crew for the race, but were a little nervous about being assigned to someone who isn't as fun as Hileigh Kentagious, so we thought we'd just watch this time and meet some folks my dad knows. I should have lots of pictures from tonight!

Tomorrow, the plan is church and then likely heading to the mountains for some hiking and camping with the same two couples we'll be hanging out with tonight! It should be a nice Labor Day weekend, though it sounds as though everyone heads to the hills for this final weekend of summer, so hopefully it won't be too crowded! Hopefully over 1 million acres will be enough for everyone wanting to get out of Colorado Springs this weekend (and that is just the Pike Nat'l Forest).

Well, I'm going to get my picnic fair ready to go and enjoy this nice summeryfall day!

Hurley on top of her dog house that we moved.
A nice view of a semi-sunset.
An interesting sculpture (?) on the campus of Colorado College downtown.
Hurley curled up at the end of our bed on the floor when I was attempting to change the sheets.

Oh, and on another note...I got a job! I'll be working part-time at a clinic in a nearby town (about 20 minutes from our house). They just need someone 2 half days a week and then all day on Fridays so that they will always have 2 doctors in the clinic, but will likely have more hours for me in the future. Even better is that they aren't open at all on the weekends! This will be a great transition to the working world, and I'll be able to pick up relief days at other clinics once I get my feet under me! God has certainly been good to us.

No comments: