Sunday, June 7, 2009

A new (used) car, internet, and multiple trips to Monument, all in one day!

(pretend like you're reading this on Friday, because I wrote it Friday in the Houston airport and I'm just now getting around to posting!)

Joel’s week two of work has almost come to an end! On Wednesday morning, a couple of hours after I dropped him off at work, he called to ask me to bring him some extra gear. Joel left the house in a fleece, Carhartt jacket, baseball hat, and hiking boots…I had to take him waterproof pants, a fleece hat, a waterproof hat, and fleece gloves. Remember that this is early June!!! But it was sooo cold and foggy the extra layers were certainly justified. The local news said that Pike’s Peak has received about 2-3 feet of snow this week….that is FEET…and in a WEEK. June, huh?


Thankfully, that wasn’t the most exciting part of the week though! Thursday afternoon, I met our car seller at the CO DMV and we finally got our Subaru! It will be perfect, and it drives great! Joel let me drive it to meet Aunt Bev in Monument so that I could have my turn before I left for the week. Speaking of Monument…we met my aunt for dinner and afterwards, I headed north with her to Denver and Joel headed back south to Colorado Springs. Just as we neared our destination, Joel called to inform me he didn’t have keys to the house! So, we each turned around and met back up one exit away from where we had dinner. Since I’ve been taking Joel back and forth to work for two weeks, he hasn’t even been carrying keys with him, so when I turned over the Subaru keys, we didn’t even think about house keys. Oh well! We’ll know that stretch of I-25 well now!


A few pictures for your viewing pleasure:


Joel’s work rig:


Our new (used) vehicle:


At home:


I’ll be home (Mississippi) for the next week as I take my Mississippi state vet board exam, so I won’t have much exciting news from my end…but we have internet at our house now, so Joel may can post some updates!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new car looks nice. Can't wait to come visit and take a ride in it.